Saturday, May 5, 2012

Poem #25

"The Loss Of A Friend"

Thelma Decker Hill & Helen Gamble - 1946.

In Loving Memory Of My Special Friend
Helen Gamble Bowles
April 25, 1924 to May 5, 1999

I have lost a dear friend of fifty-seven years -
A friend who was kind and true!
I will miss Helen, Lord, and my eyes fill with tears -
But I'll see her again ... in Heaven with you!

It was at Draughon's Business College that Helen & I
First met each other in nineteen-forty-two.
We kept in touch as the years went by -
Sharing news and pictures as good friends do.

Not only was Helen a good friend to me -
But a very devoted mother, grandmother, and wife!
Her two lovely daughters, Jo Ann and Marie,
And two granddaughters were the pride of her life!

Helen Gamble Bowles with granddaughter, Sarah Wilson, - 1997.

Dear God, be with Helen's beloved husband, Bill,
In the loss of his loved one so dear!
A voice that he loved and on earth is now still -
In Heaven is heard strong and clear!

William "Bill" Bowles & Helen Gamble - 1945.

Please comfort Helen's family, Dear Lord, I pray,
And send them Your Love and Your Peace!
Unite them with Helen and loved ones some day -
In Heaven Where Joys Never Cease!

And now, Lord, I thank You for My Special Friend -
And her seventy-five years on this earth!
Thanks that our friendship will never end ...
But In Heaven Will Have A Rebirth!

Written By Helen's Long-Time Friend
Thelma Decker Hill

1 comment: