Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Blog Poem #14

Helen Elaine "Pinky" Hill at age 5.

"MEMORIES OF MY LITTLE GIRL"

Dedicated With Love To My Dear Daughter
Helen Elaine Hill Bogus
Whose Childhood Nickname Was Pinky.

As I look back to your childhood days -
One thing I vividly recall.
Caring for you - in many ways -
Was almost like playing with a doll!

Helen at 13 months of age.

When I would hear a sound at night -
I would tiptoe down the hall.
I had to be sure everything was alright -
For I loved my real live doll!

Helen (Pinky) at age 2.

Quite often I glance at pictures of you -
Which are hanging on the wall.
I remember cute things you'd say and do -
You were such a charming little doll!

Pinky at age 3.

I also recall when you slipped on the stairs -
And took that terrible fall!
I still thank The Lord for hearing my prayers -
For my precious, adorable doll!

Pinky at age 4.

Sometimes when a mother and child are near
And I hear a sweet voice call,
"Mommy!" ... I wipe away a tear -
Remembering "My Own Dear Doll"!

Pinky at age 6.

Your "Little Girl" days have all gone by -
You're A Lady - The Dearest Of All!
I'll love you forever - and now you know why -
Your mother calls you "Doll"!

Written By Thelma Decker Hill

Helen Hill Bogus with her husband, Paul Bogus,
September of 2010.









No comments:

Post a Comment