Friday, August 5, 2011

My Blog Poem #15

Nelson with 12-lb. Bass caught in Lake Mary Jane, The Bluffs of Sebring (Florida) 4/7/08.

"The Best Catch"

Dedicated With Love To My Dear Husband
NELSON STANLEY HILL
(An Avid Fisherman)
On Father's Day - June 15, 2003.

Happy Father's Day To You, Dear "Best Catch Of Mine"!
I'm glad I found you in this great sea of life!
You're The Best Catch that stayed on the line -
And I'm glad you and I became husband and wife!

As a young girl I lured a few fish from the sea -
While fishing for my lifetime mate.
Then our Dear Lord selected the best catch for me -
And wisely led you to grab the bait!

Through the years we have found Best Catches of our own -
A daughter, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren too!
All those years ago ... we could not have known -
That these wonderful dreams would come true!

I hooked The Best Catch in life's stormy sea -
The Prize Fish that didn't get away!
You're still The Best Catch, and your loved ones agree!
So we wish you The Best ... Today And Every Day!

Written By Thelma Decker Hill
(Copyright 2003 Thelma Decker Hill)

(This poem was written with a play on words in the lingo of fishermen.)

Nelson Hill in front of the last boat he owned.



No comments:

Post a Comment