Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Blog Poem #8


"Budded On Earth To Bloom In Heaven"

In Memory of Delbert Pershing Decker
The Brother I Never Knew
(March 28, 1919 to April 2, 1919)

There's a grave on a hilltop in Kentucky.
On the headstone - these words I read:
"Budded On Earth To Bloom In Heaven."
(It's only the body that's dead.)

The first-born of Solomon and Rose Decker -
Delbert's body lies beneath that sod.
He's the infant brother I have never seen.
As Mama said:  "Delbert's with God!"

God saves the souls of innocent babies -
And little children's sins He'll pardon.
Budded On Earth ... Now Blooming In Heaven -
He's another Flower To Brighten God's Garden!

Written By Thelma Decker Hill

Mark 10:14 - "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God."  (King James Version of The Bible)






No comments:

Post a Comment